Description of problem:
With the introduction of the affinity labels feature, a UI element is needed to facilitate selection of the applicable labels for VMs and hosts.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 4.0.0 beta
Bug tickets must have version flags set prior to targeting them to a release. Please ask maintainer to set the correct version flags and only then set the target milestone.
Target release should be placed once a package build is known to fix a issue. Since this bug is not modified, the target version has been reset. Please use target milestone to plan a fix for a oVirt release.
this doesn't seem to be ready in 4.0. For 4.1 I strongly suggest to review the proposed solution and move the affinity labels display out of the general subtab of host dialog (in the middle of connection info used for deployment) and out of the general subtab of VM dialog (putting it in front of the basic configuration doesn't make sense, it also makes the subtab even longer so the disks and nics are always invisible without scrolling down). Espcially since it's a R/O information it doesn't even belong to the dialogs.
Hence moving back to POST
Can you please review the 4.1 status of this with virt team and either revert it or move it to a different subtab only maybe?
INFO: Bug status wasn't changed from MODIFIED to ON_QA due to the following reason:
[Open patch attached]
For more info please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you verify this is really on MODIFIED?
There are multiple bugs still open attached to the bug.
Verified on rhevm-22.214.171.124-0.1.el7.noarch
1) Create a label from the Affinity Labels sub tab under the Clusters main tab and add hosts/VMs to it. Then, ensure that the label shows up in the sub tabs under the VMs and Hosts main tabs when those hosts/VMs are selected.
2) Create a label from the Affinity Labels sub tab under the VMs main tab. The selected VM should be selected in the dialog automatically. Save the label and ensure that it shows up in the sub tab.
3) Repeat the test above in the Hosts main tab.
4) Edit a label from the Affinity Labels sub tab under the VMs main tab that has members other than the selected VM. Remove a member other than the selected VM and click 'OK'. Ensure that the members list in the sub tab shows the correct members.
5) Repeat the test above, but remove the selected VM. Ensure that the label no longer shows in the sub tab.
Repeat the two tests above in the Hosts main tab.
6) Attempt to delete a label from the Affinity Labels sub tab under the Clusters main tab. You should receive a message informing you that all members must be removed before the label can be deleted.
7) Edit a label from the Affinity Labels sub tab under the Clusters main tab and remove all members. Click 'OK'. Delete the label. Ensure that the label is removed from the sub tab.
8) When there are no labels selected, a message should be displayed informing you of this.
9) Labels should always be ordered alphabetically.
10) Selecting the same label twice (by clicking 'Add') should result in no change to the list.
11) Clicking the 'x' next to the label name should remove it from the selected labels list.
12) Label names should continue to wrap around and fill the column they're in and shouldn't overflow the panel when there isn't enough space to display all of them simultaneously.
13) Create a new VM and add affinity labels from the side tab. Save the VM and edit it. Ensure the correct labels are displayed.
14) Edit a VM that has affinity labels applied and delete one or more of them. Save the VM and edit it again. Ensure the deleted labels are no longer displayed.
15) Add and remove affinity labels to/from a VM from the sub tab. Edit the VM and ensure that the changes are reflected in the side tab.
This bugzilla is included in oVirt 4.2.0 release, published on Dec 20th 2017.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in oVirt 4.2.0 release, published on Dec 20th 2017, it has been closed with a resolution of CURRENT RELEASE.
If the solution does not work for you, please open a new bug report.