Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 134014
Bulgarian translation of menu items is not complete
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:50 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7)
Description of problem:
Some of the menu items are not i18n. I tested it in Bulgarian and gnome.
I was not able to find them in red-menus translation package for
translation as well
here is the simple (not full) least of those items I found:
Preferences: (it is translate)
- About Myself
- Screen Saver
- Disk Management
- Keyring Management
- Red Hat Network
- Red Hat Network Alert Icon
- Red Hat Network Configuration
- Sound Card Detection
- Users and Groups
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Fedora Core 3 (Bulgarian) + Gnome
2.Open Menu->Preferences or ->System Settings or ->System Tools
3.Some menu items are not in Bulgarian
Actual Results: Some menu items are not in Bulgarian
Expected Results: should be in Bulgarian
I don't know what this bug report means or how to fix it... Does this
mean those .desktop files are not marked for translation or that there
aren't bulgarian translations for them yet?
Most of the desktop items are translated.
But some are not. Like <Users and Groups> in System Settings
It is in the main menu. I haven't check the red-menus.po for them but
I will and post if they are marked for translation.
some of the menu items are not mark for translation
I was not able to find <Screensavers> and <Users and Groups> for
example in redhat-menus pot file.
May be you should mark them of they are not
I'm going to reassign this bug to our internationalization team. I think they
will have a better idea of our current Bulgarian coverage/support.
Not all of the desktop files are in redhat-desktop package. For instance,
Screensavers' desktop file is in its own package (i.e.
There are two different issues:
For RH specific packages, if you have translated the po file 100%, when the
package rebuilt with the translations the desktop file should have the
For some of the applications you mentioned which are not RH specific packages,
the translations has to be pursued through upstream.
I will put this as not a bug, but if you still got problems on the RH app - the
strings are translated in the po file in specific package but not reflect to the
desktop file, feel free to submit a bug specifically for the package.