Description of problem:
Smart State Analysis for OpenStack Instances does not work with Glance storage and even on Nova it cannot scan file contents.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a compliance policy that attempts to detect the string "Root" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
CF needs to be able to work with all the storage types offered to OSP instances.
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: name and acct # https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/01643369
TAM customer: yes
SRM customer: yes
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
CloudForms is managing OpenStack. Security Compliance reporting is a massive requirement of the instances being managed.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Same as the other Providers already supported by CloudForms.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
I know this bug is on the list for future releases and we want to ensure it is prioritised correctly for the world wide customers' demand.
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
No, the next release.
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
Yes, this is a very strategic customer.
10. List any affected packages or components.
Automation Engine, State Machines.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
For OpenStack providers, SmartState uses the Glance API to access the data we require, so I can't see how SmartState does not work with Glance storage.
Did the SmartState task in question fail? If so, what was the error? If the SmartState task didn't fail, did it fail to retrieve the file: /etc/ssh/sshd_config?
If the SSA task didn't fail, then the issue isn't with Glance storage, but there could be an issue in retrieving the file in question.