Created attachment 1165658 [details]
Description of problem:
Comment given during an event dismiss is displayed as an action. Via design there should be another section with comments.
Moreover already manually dismissed event could still be dismissed by system.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create some event, e.g. stop some cluster host machine
2. Dismiss the created event, put some comment there
3. List the event and open its details
A comment is displayed as an action in 'history' section
The action in history should be 'Dismissed' and all comments should have special section.
Created attachment 1165660 [details]
double dismissed event
event dismissed both by user and by system
Events page is inline with the design. The comments option present in the details page of an alert which is not dismissed. Once dismissed, the text wi8ll move into the 'Action' table. screen shot attached
User dimissed events can be dismissed by system. This happens when a clear event generated for the alert(example cluster status transitioning from err to OK)
So this also a expected behavior.
closing this bug as it works as expected
Created attachment 1168629 [details]
event details design
Created attachment 1168631 [details]
(In reply to Nishanth Thomas from comment #2)
> Events page is inline with the design. The comments option present in the
> details page of an alert which is not dismissed. Once dismissed, the text
> wi8ll move into the 'Action' table. screen shot attached
It doesn't make sense if only user comment is displayed as an action as user could fill there anything viz attachment 1165660 [details]
There could be something like 'Dismissed: <comment>' though. That will also cover the case when user doesn't fill anything to comment. As for now the related action is empty in 'History' table if that happens.
> User dimissed events can be dismissed by system. This happens when a clear
> event generated for the alert(example cluster status transitioning from err
> to OK)
> So this also a expected behavior.
> closing this bug as it works as expected
I think that's not OK. Dismissed event should not be possible to dismiss again. On the other hand I agree that it's just superficial issue as it doesn't cause anything.
Opening it again for the first issue.
From looking at the current implementation, here's what I observed:
1. When user puts in Comment, user has to click on "Dismiss" and the Comment moves up to the list under "History."
2. Current implementation seems to combine the Dismiss and Add (Comments) actions together
Expected / Design
1. The actions of Dismiss should actually be under the "Actions" listbox at the top per the design (and not at the bottom with Comments.
2. When user adds a Comment, they should click on "Add" to do so (vs. Dismissed).
3. Once an event is dismissed, user should not be able to dismiss the said event again unless we provide the ability for users to "Undismiss" an event.
Add comments(alone) functionality is out of 2.0 as agreed on the bu scrub meeting. What we implement here is that appending "Dismissed" along with the text which fed in as part of "dismiss" action
Appended "Dismissed:" before user comment
Action look like 'Dismissed: <message>'.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.