Description of problem:
Customer wanted to test migration of data by adding and removing bricks to simulate moving between different storage.
1. Created a replicated volume made up of 2 x 279GB bricks.
2. Mounted as a gluster mount and then filed up untill approximately 500MB full.
3. Added additional bricks that were smaller, only 244MB.
4. Started removal of one 279GB brick which completed successfully.
5. Checked and there were still files left on the bricks being removed that couldn't be copied as the remaining brick wasn't large enough.
Removed brick without error, just a warning that files might be left behind.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Gluster 3.7.5 (RHGS 3.1.2)
Steps to Reproduce:
Brick removal completed without error even though all files were not migrated.
Removal should fail or give more warning/require explicit approval before proceeding.
remove brick commit functionality does have some cases where there could be data losses and that's why the CLI output throws up an warning message. I am moving this bug to zteam (DHT) for further comments.
REVISION POSTED: https://review.gluster.org/18801 (cli: WIP) posted (#2) for review on master by N Balachandran
have updated the doc text kindly verify the doc text- field.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.