Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 134522
rpm(1) doesn't install 32bit packages properly.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:13 EST
Description of problem:
Several problems happen as we install ia32 rpm packages in ia64
- rpm(1) donesn't relocate direcotries including files whose filecolor
is 1 to /emul/ia32-linux.
- pre or post processing errors are output in /root/install.log when
we install RHEL4 beta1 with full installation.
error: %post(libgcc-3.4.1-10) scriptlet failed, exit status 255,
error: %pre(dbus-0.22-4) scriptlet failed, exit status 255,
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping dbus-0.22-4,
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL4 beta1 with full installation
2. See '/' directory
3. See '/root/install.log' file
- /emul/ia32-linux doesn't exist
- There are several errors in /root/install.log
- rpm(1) relocates the directories to /emul/ia32-linux.
- There are no errors in /root/install.log.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 133873 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.