Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 134615
rpm(1) doesn't install 32bit packages properly.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:13 EST
Description of problem:
Several problems happen as we install ia32 rpm packages in ia64
- rpm(1) donesn't relocate direcotries including files whose filecolor
is 1 to /emul/ia32-linux.
- pre or post processing errors are output in /root/install.log when
we install RHEL4 beta1 with full installation.
error: %post(libgcc-3.4.1-10) scriptlet failed, exit status 255,
error: %pre(dbus-0.22-4) scriptlet failed, exit status 255,
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping dbus-0.22-4,
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL4 beta1 with full installation
2. See '/' directory
3. See '/root/install.log' file
- /emul/ia32-linux doesn't exist
- There are several errors in /root/install.log
- rpm(1) relocates the directories to /emul/ia32-linux.
- There are no errors in /root/install.log.
1) no /emul/ia32-linux was a missing piece of configuration,
fixed in rpm-4.3.2-8.
2) is a kernel problem, elf32 execution is disabled in ia64 kernels.
It's not a kernel problem.
It's probably a missing ia32el package.
(note, newer ia64 cpus don't have any elf32 execution capability at all)