Description of problem:
I performed a Demote on an Image from Master Node.
After that i promoted the same image from the Slave Node.
The process completed successfully on both Nodes, but again the Image sync starts from the beginning.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an Image on Master node with Journal enabled.
2. Write lots of data ( Actually i created a VM on top of it )
3. Let the sync process to complete (checked it was properly synced on Slave Node), and do not run any IO
4. Demote the same image from the Master Node (Waited for it to complete)
5. Promoted the same image from Slave Node.
After the successful promotion of the Image on Slave Side, now i am seeing the image is again getting synced from the Master Node. ( The Images were already synced before )
description: bootstrapping, IMAGE_COPY/COPY_OBJECT 43%
last_update: 2016-06-24 21:29:12
There should not be any sync
Upstream pull request: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/10703
verified with 10.2.3-10.el7cp.x86_64
working as expected hence moving to verified
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.