Description of problem:
translator reported that there are some layouts problem within the
tamil phonetic - may need input from her and get a patch
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Jatin, can you attach the latest key mapping for tamil phonetic?
Created attachment 106004 [details]
the phonetic layout for tamil, as designed by our tamil translator
Look like it is quite big compared to other phonetic layout.
Jaya, Jatin, can you give some feedback on:
- the speed on this new layout
- severity of this layout for RHEL4
- is it a addon from the current phonetic layout (i.e. can old user which
familiar with old phonetic still can use their old keys?)
- what are the impacts if we do not include this for RHEL4?
1. Need to test the speed of new layout.
2. At present RHEL4 supports tamil Phonetic and inscript layout.
Existing phonetic layout is used by very less number of people and
inscript layout is not in use. For normal users Transliterated layout
is necessary. for professional typist Old tyepwriter keyboard layout
is must(not developed).
3. if we give only phonetic and inscript layout, people won't use both
Ok thanks Jaya. That sounds than replacing phonetic. Jatin, is it possible for
your to generate a patch just like you did for other language a while ago for
Created attachment 106404 [details]
tamil unitle phonetic layout patch
This layout adds a phonetic layout, keeping the existing
transliterated layout intact - as requested by Jaya (Tamil translator).
Patched add to pkg cvs.
Patch did not include the new file in Makefile.am so it didn't get
installed on previous patch. Tagoh-san fixed it on cvs. It will
reflect the changes on next build.
Should be fixed in 12.1-9.
this is now available in im-sdk, resolving bug.