Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 135092
firstboot nag functionality doesn't work correctly
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:04 EST
Description of problem:
Behavior of nag functionality in firstboot is a bit choppy.
Nags should occur when:
- you do not provide a subscription number
- there is no base channel for the system
Adrian, am I missing any cases?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. If you set the nag interval to a low number, the main nag box will
continue to pop up even if you have proceeded to the smaller dialog
(ie: chosen the "do not activate" radio on the large screen.
In terms of the "nag when there is no base channel", the test plan is:
1. create a new account
2. register the box in firstboot, choosing "use my existing entitlement"
3. The box will appear with the demo entitlement and no base channel.
However, currently, when this happens, the rhn_register_remind file in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn isn't being created, and so no nagging occurs.
*** Bug 132532 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Naggig is finally fixed, but I am leaving this bug in ON_DEV for a
reason mentioned at the end of this comment.
There are three cases for nagging:
1. User chooses to avoid all RHN registration during firstboot.
2. User has no networking configured.
3. User enters no registration number, and therefore the system has
no base channel.
***Note that case 3 will only work on the code currently in dev***
*** Bug 125536 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 125303 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Confirm nagging behavior with 2.1.18-4.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.