From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.3)
Description of problem:
Package has several build problems.
1. The version released for RHEL3 requires autoconf/automake newer
than supplied with RHEL3.
2. The buildreq entry does not indicate this, so building crashes
instead of throwing a dependency error.
3. After solving the above (by temp upgrade to FC2 version of GNU
autoconf/automake), the package STILL does not build. Adding this at
line 88 of the .spec fixes the problem:
# Patched 04/10/08 by firstname.lastname@example.org, package won't build without this.
(cd utils ; cp dbconverter-1.5.9.c dbconverter-1.5.c )
Of course this isn't the correct way to fix it, but not being a wizard
with autoconf I will defer to those who are.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Attempt building the package on RHEL3
2. Watch it fail.
3. Upgrade autoconf/automake and try again.
4. Watch it fail.
5. Add my patch to the .spec
This bug is filed against RHEL 3, which is in maintenance phase.
During the maintenance phase, only security errata and select mission
critical bug fixes will be released for enterprise products. Since
this bug does not meet that criteria, it is now being closed.
For more information of the RHEL errata support policy, please visit:
If you feel this bug is indeed mission critical, please contact your
support representative. You may be asked to provide detailed
information on how this bug is affecting you.