Bug 135349 - tamil translation in application is not using UTF-8 encoding
Summary: tamil translation in application is not using UTF-8 encoding
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: gnome-libs
Version: rawhide
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Ray Strode [halfline]
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks: FC3Target FC4Target
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2004-10-12 03:43 UTC by Lawrence Lim
Modified: 2014-03-26 00:51 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-05-17 19:19:57 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Please find attached the latest copy of the po file. (23.04 KB, text/plain)
2004-10-12 04:09 UTC, Lawrence Lim
no flags Details

Description Lawrence Lim 2004-10-12 03:43:44 UTC
Description of problem:
Some of the tamil strings in ta.po is using the wrong encoding (TSCII
instead of UTF-8)

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
everytime

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run application in LANG=ta_IN.UTF-8
  
Actual results:
some strings are broken because of the encoding

Expected results:
should display all of the strings in UTF-8

Additional info:

Comment 1 Lawrence Lim 2004-10-12 04:09:25 UTC
Created attachment 105044 [details]
Please find attached the latest copy of the po file.

Comment 2 Leon Ho 2004-11-01 06:21:10 UTC
Just wanted to follow up if you have any timeframe on rebuilding the package for
RHEL4. It would be great to include the fixed tamil translation in because tamil
is one of our official supported languages. Thanks!

Comment 3 Havoc Pennington 2004-11-01 15:02:51 UTC
To be honest I didn't notice the bug until I wrote my script. So I
will rebuild shortly.


Comment 4 Havoc Pennington 2004-11-03 18:37:50 UTC
Built into dist-4E-HEAD (build not quite done, but done on some
arches, looking good)


Comment 5 Lawrence Lim 2005-05-12 05:52:01 UTC
Check with gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-44.1 in EL4, the encoding looks good. However,
gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-45 in dist-FC4 seems not.



Comment 6 Ray Strode [halfline] 2005-05-17 19:19:57 UTC
Should be fixed in tomorrow's rawhide.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.