Description of problem: "oc new-app" always tries to perform a git pull even with local repo with all info supplied.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Clone a repo locally (ex. https://github.com/openshift/ruby-20-centos)
2. CD to repo
3. run 'oc new-app .'
Actual results: oc new-app will still perform a pull, and if the origin URL is unreachable, it will fail.
Expected results: Preferably, when pointing to a local repo, oc new-app should not try a pull. At the very least, please at an optional way to skip pulling.
$ oc version
I cannot reproduce this issue. I cloned a repo and set its origin URL to a fake URL:
$ git clone https://github.com/csrwng/simple-ruby.git
$ cd simple-ruby
$ git remote set-url origin https://blah.blah.blah.com/test/test.git
Then invoked new-app:
$ oc new-app .
Got the following result:
--> Found image 5b01527 (7 days old) in image stream "ruby" in project "openshift" under tag "2.3" for "ruby"
Platform for building and running Ruby 2.3 applications
Tags: builder, ruby, ruby23, rh-ruby23
* The source repository appears to match: ruby
* A source build using source code from https://blah.blah.blah.com/test/test.git#master will be created
* The resulting image will be pushed to image stream "test:latest"
* Use 'start-build' to trigger a new build
* This image will be deployed in deployment config "test"
* Port 8080/tcp will be load balanced by service "test"
* Other containers can access this service through the hostname "test"
--> Creating resources with label app=test ...
imagestream "test" created
buildconfig "test" created
deploymentconfig "test" created
service "test" created
Build scheduled, use 'oc logs -f bc/test' to track its progress.
Run 'oc status' to view your app.
$ oc version
Can't reproduce this issue with same way in comment #1
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.