Description of problem:
Satellite is not able to enable following repositories:
- EUS repositories for Resilient Storage for RHEL 6
- EUS repositories for Resilient Storage for RHEL 5
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Create a manifest with Resilient Storage subscription attached
2) Upload the manifest to the Satellite server
3) Try to enable one of repos from:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL 6 Server) - Extended Update Support (RPMs)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL 5 Server) - Extended Update Support (RPMs)
Following error appears:
CDN loading error: access forbidden to https://cdn.redhat.com:443/content/eus/rhel/server/6/6Server/x86_64/resilientstorage/os/repodata/repomd.xml
Repository should be enabled
- This issue might be related to following issue with EUS for Resilient storage
- There is manifest showing this behavior attached to the support case 01662366
Moving 6.2 bugs out to sat-backlog.
I'm still suspicious that Satellite is not working correctly here.
There all necessary subscriptions attached to the manifest. I have even tested it by removing the subscriptions from the manifest, attaching them to the system registered directly with RHSM (no Satellite) and I have enabled EUS repositories for RS successfully.
But the Satellite is still failing to enable the RS EUS repositories.
Many thanks for your collaboration on this.
Associate Technical Support Engineer
Created attachment 1187789 [details]
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16133 from this bug
PR open here https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/6246
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16133 has been closed
Created attachment 1194518 [details]
Verified in Satellite 6.1.10 Snap 1.1
I am able to enabled all EUS RHEL Resilient Storage repositories for RHEL5 and 6. See attached screenshot for verification.
Created attachment 1203888 [details]
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.