Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 135927
far from bugs free
Last modified: 2013-07-02 22:22:29 EDT
the rawhide version of 2.6.13 (03 May 2004) is far from to be the
latest _stable_ version.
2.6.25 (08 October 2004) version drops a lot of bugs.
If you're serious about getting this component updated please bring a
list of the bugs or specifically point to _some_ of them that would
warrant a big change in versions like that. FC3 release is coming
quickly that sounds like a change that will not happen without good
this bug is about _devel_ aka rawhide not FC3 !! anyway, here they go:
xfsprogs-2.6.25 (08 October 2004)
- Fix build with really old glibc versions.
xfsprogs-2.6.24 (29 September 2004)
- Allow 'e' suffix in size arguments to mkfs.
- Update mkfs man page description of maximum allocation
- Update mkfs and xfs_db man pages to use consistent,
- Sync up user/kernel source in libxfs and headers.
xfsprogs-2.6.23 (17 September 2004)
- Fix xfs_io pread/pwrite -b option, when used more than
once we would use the largest of the previous values,
instead of the (possibly smaller) value specified.
- Add recursive modes to lsattr/chattr xfs_io commands.
- Make xfs_io run any given command line commands (-c)
on all files specified, not just the first.
xfsprogs-2.6.22 (10 September 2004)
- Update xfs_io to get a clean compile on IRIX with the
- Add documentation about additional XFS inode flags.
- Add xfs_io write options to include fsync/fdatasync
in the timing results it displays.
- Add xfs_fsop_counts output to the xfs_io statfs data,
which also shows free realtime space, etc.
- Add knowledge of additional inode flags for nosymlinks
and project ID inheritance.
xfsprogs-2.6.21 (09 August 2004)
- Support realtime bit inheritance on directories.
- Fix xfs_io build with unusual (old) glibc versions.
- Fix tools to not issue the BLKFLSBUF ioctl to ramdisk
devices. Thanks to Bo Yang for this fix.
xfsprogs-2.6.20 (28 July 2004)
- Fix a segfault on xfs_io open error path for non-XFS
files. Thanks to Steinar H. Gunderson for this fix.
xfsprogs-2.6.19 (16 July 2004)
- Fix two byte count size wraps in xfs_copy.
- Minor man page fixes from Eric Raymond.
xfsprogs-2.6.18 (23 June 2004)
- Fix libhandle from possibly returning an invalid
handle length on systems where size_t is 64 bits.
- Minor autoconf fixups to get rpm test working on
all platforms again.
- Minor man page updates fixing minus/hyphen usage.
xfsprogs-2.6.17 (23 June 2004)
- Fix use of isset macro, getting realtime devices to
function correctly in xfs_db and xfs_repair.
- Fix initialisation of realtime devices in libxfs.
xfsprogs-2.6.16 (17 June 2004)
- Add sendfile command into xfs_io(8) to exercise that
- Remove maxtrres program that was used in the build
to generate a header for mkfs' consumption.
- This allows cross-compiles to be greatly simplified.
- Portability tweaks for building on other platforms.
- Fix obscure bug in log size lower boundary checks for
auto-sized logs when stripe alignment is in effect;
the enforced lower bound could have been set too low.
xfsprogs-2.6.15 (09 June 2004)
- Make xfs_check test for a dirty log before proceeding to
check the filesystem.
- Fix couple of minor bugs in xfs_io (readonly handling on
writes, off-by-one error in open file error reporting).
xfsprogs-2.6.14 (13 May 2004)
- Allow logprint to copy a log to a file (-C) and to dump
a log from beginning to end showing ondisk log record (-d).
- Fix logprint handling of -f option - shouldn't be doing
the UUID check in that case, since we don't have the SB.
- Remove MD device superblock "clean" check, following Neil
- Small Debian packaging tweak to say xfsprogs has an fsck.
if you should update the package is up to you.
nobody cared, maybe the next century. Closing...