the new stable 2.0.0 release has major improvements over the 1.6 series:
* Netatalk's AFP 3.1 compliant file server allows long filenames,
UTF-8 names, large file support and full Mac OS X compatibility
* The print server task can directly interact with CUPS,
automagically sharing all CUPS queues
* Kerberos V support, allowing true "Single Sign On"
* Whole rework of the CNID subsystem, providing reliable and
persistant storage of file and directory IDs
* Huge improvements regarding product documentation making
Netatalk's features accessible more easily
* countless bugs fixed compared to previous versions
I'll look at bringing this in as soon as FC4 opens for development.
netatalk 2.0.1 is now available.
+1 for FC4, I have been using the 2.0 betas in production on FC1 and
FC2 with good results. ( Also YDL 2.3 ).
Netatalk 2.0.2 is available, and FC-devel still has an obsolete 1.6.4-4 version.
I have a netatalk 2.0.2 SRPM available at
( FC3 binaries too )
I have been using it all this month in production on two FC3 systems.
I have been using a 2.0.0 version on a production YDL system since
June2004. 2.x is a must have for OS X clients. We have a total of 35+
Mac clients with a mix of Mac OS 8.6, Mac OS 9.x, and OS X 10.2.x and
netatalk-2.0.2 is now in FC4 .