Upgrade from Fecora Core 1.
* Language: U.S. English
* Keyboard: Swedish
* Install or upgrade: Upgrade
* Upgrade installed GRUB
When it starts installing the packages, after the "last opportunity to
quit", and after any dialogboxes have disappeared, it shows the
package name "filesystem-2.3.0-1.i386) and nothing more happens.
Installation media: DVD
* Motherboard: P4P800 SE, chipset 875/865
* Processor: Inte Pentium 4 3Ghz
* Memory: 1 Gb
* Graphics adapter: ATI Radeon 9600
* Extra IDE-card: Promise Ultra100 TX2
* Monitor: Not detected Plug&Play (a Sun monitor, don't know more
* ADSL internet connection (modem was on)
Were you using stock ext3 before? Can you switch ttys when it hangs?
/ : stock ext3
/home : other partition, reiserfs
Yes I can switch tty, the sh-shell seems to work properly.
Does it work better if you boot with 'linux selinux=0'?
Yes! the upgrade works!
But a new problem appears (shall I enter a new bug?):
After reboot new hardware is found (a network card) and the red dialog
box with the options "Configure", "Ignore" ... (free translations from
swedish) appears. But suddenly the dialog box disappears and the text
screen with the boot progress is shown, with the last line:
"Activating swap space" (again my own translation from swedish).
Okay, this will be fixed in the final release.