Description of problem:
Customers are hitting this bug that fixed upstream:
Would like to get this into the next 6.2 build.
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14205 has been closed
This fix does not properly address
I'm not certain that this is not properly addressed. See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1365299 for a very very similar issue with a different traceback and different cause.
Mike, Do you have a full traceback from a satellite where this did not fix the problem?
** Satellite 6.2.0 HOTFIX RPMS **
We are attaching hotfix RPMs for Satellite version 6.2.0. These RPMs can only be used with a Satellite that has tfm-rubygem-katello-18.104.22.168 installed. Later versions should not be downgraded to include this fix.
Instructions for use:
* Download attached hotfix RPMs from this bugzilla
* install the correct RPM that matches with your version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (el7 or el6 suffix in the RPM).
* restart httpd on your Satellite
After this the dashboard should render correctly.
If you still experiencing a NilClass error please see if the error matches that found within: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1365299 which is being fixed currently.
Created attachment 1190983 [details]
RHEL6 6.2.0 Hotfix RPM
Created attachment 1190984 [details]
RHEL7 6.2.0 Hotfix RPM
*** Bug 1360771 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I think these steps should reproduce the bug:
1. Create an environment (e.g. Dev)
2. Create a content view and promote it to the environment
3. Remove the environment.
4. Visit the dashboard page and verify that it loads successfully.
** Satellite 6.2.1 HOTFIX RPMS **
Attaching 6.2.1 hotfix RPMS, same instructions apply as found in comment #12.
Created attachment 1191990 [details]
RHEL6 6.2.1 Hotfix RPM
Created attachment 1191991 [details]
RHEL7 6.2.1 Hotfix RPM
Followed steps detailed in #21 and encountered no errors on the dashboard. The content view events referring to the now deleted environment were also removed.
There is an errata shipping on Monday Aug 22 to resolve this issue
Detailed HOTFIX instructions:
* If you have tfm-rubygem-katello-22.214.171.124 you want the Satellite 6.2.0 Hotfix RPM as linked in Comment #12:
* If you have tfm-rubygem-katello-126.96.36.199 or later, you want the Satellite 6.2.1 Hotfix RPM as listed in comment #23:
alternatively when RHBA-2016:24541-04 is released you can yum update a follow the standard upgrade procedure.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.