Description of problem:
I'm updating 3.5 SHE env with EL6 hosts and documentation says:
6.3. Upgrading a RHEL-Based Self-Hosted Engine from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Hosts to 7 Hosts
The upgrade process involves the following key steps:
* Upgrade the Manager virtual machine to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.6.
* Upgrade all version 6 hosts to version 7. Re-run hosted-engine --deploy on all self-hosted engine hosts.
* Upgrade the self-hosted engine hosts to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.6.
* After all hosts in the cluster and the Manager virtual machine have been updated, change the cluster compatibility version to 3.6.
But while following above procedure, 3.6 engine-setup says:
[ INFO ] Cleaning stale zombie tasks and commands
It seems like this engine is self-hosted, and the operating system of some of its hosts is el6 or a variant. Please upgrade the hosts to el7 before upgrading the engine to 3.6.
Please check the log file for more details.
Replying "No" will abort Setup.
Thus is it contradictive, exact opposite. IMO the documentation is right, at least in EL6/7 context (we need to EL6/EL7 in cluster, the cluster where HE VM is running).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. have 3.5 SHE env
2. update rpms inside HE VM to 3.6
engine-setup instructs exactly opposite to docs
login should match
Is this still relevant in 4.0?
(In reply to Sandro Bonazzola from comment #2)
> Is this still relevant in 4.0?
IMO this is 3.6 only specific.