Bug 1365456 - The "View archive" link does not automatically select correct index/pattern
Summary: The "View archive" link does not automatically select correct index/pattern
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: OpenShift Container Platform
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Management Console
Version: 3.3.0
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
: ---
Assignee: Troy Dawson
QA Contact: Yadan Pei
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2016-08-09 10:19 UTC by Xia Zhao
Modified: 2016-09-19 13:09 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2016-09-19 13:09:26 UTC
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Product Errata RHBA-2016:1933 normal SHIPPED_LIVE Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.3 Release Advisory 2016-09-27 13:24:36 UTC

Description Xia Zhao 2016-08-09 10:19:43 UTC
Problem description: 
When we click on the "archive" link in the "logs" section of the OpenShift Console we are correctly redirected to Kibana.  However we have the issue that incorrect index is selected.  Kibana complains that the specified pattern cannot be found and hence falls back to the default.

For these tests/logs I used the following:
- project/namespace: xiazhao2015
- pod:  logging-kibana-1-ktblo

The URL that is generated when clicking on the "archive" link:
https://kibana.0809-o2n.qe.rhcloud.com/#/discover?_g=%28time:%28from:now-1w,mode:relative,to:now%29%29&_a=%28columns:!%28kubernetes_container_name,kibana%29,index:%27log4j.898c0108-5dfd-11e6-a1f0-0e05cb0c5c85.*%27,interval:auto,query:%28query_string:%28analyze_wildcard:!t,query:%27kubernetes_pod_name:%20logging-kibana-1-ktblo%20%26%26%20kubernetes_namespace_name:%20xiazhao2015%27%29%29,sort:!%28time,desc%29%29

This translates into the following query string in Kibana:
kubernetes_pod_name: logging-kibana-1-ktblo && kubernetes_namespace_name: xiazhao2015 (with the incorrect index selected: log4j.898c0108-5dfd-11e6-a1f0-0e05cb0c5c85.*)

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Logging images on registry.ops.../openshift3/
openshift3/logging-elasticsearch    e71d2b04669c
openshift3/logging-fluentd    80847240fa91
openshift3/logging-deployer    1c127f4f36a0
openshift3/logging-curator    2c88e1273c11
openshift3/logging-auth-proxy    c0b7d9b08a2e
openshift3/logging-kibana    32d276bb46ae
openshift3/logging-deployer    000cdaaa18ea

# openshift version
openshift v3.3.0.17
kubernetes v1.3.0+507d3a7
etcd 2.3.0+git

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Please refer to "Problem description"

Actual Result:

Expected Result:

Additional info:
1. I did have another namespace named "log4j" exist
2. This had been fixed in 3.2.1 according to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1358674

Comment 1 Xia Zhao 2016-08-09 10:21:44 UTC
To be clearer, I'm just requesting this PR to be merged in master branch, in order for it to be in OSE 3.3:
https://github.com/openshift/ose/pull/327

Comment 2 Jessica Forrester 2016-08-09 15:38:02 UTC
Yes the issue is definitely that the fix that is in origin-web-console master has not yet made it to ose master.

Troy this is because when you did the last merge from origin to ose you did not rebase the origin-web-console/enterprise-3.3 branch on the origin-web-console/master branch

Comment 3 Jessica Forrester 2016-08-11 12:41:36 UTC
Fix for this has been picked up in OSE now


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.