Description of problem:
- During import process, if the host is disconnected from network and reconnected back, the imported VM failed to be removed and remains in "canceling" state.
- It is possible to remove this VM manually from webadmin.
- When doing the same scenario from VMware environment, issue does not occur.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Import VM from Xen environment.
2. When VM import starts to copy disks, disconnect RHEV host from the network.
3. Reconnect host to the network after 5 minutes.
deleteV2VJob started, but VM failed to get removed.
VM should be removed.
vdsm.log, engine.log and webadmin_screenshot attached.
VM ID: c68b402d-1c18-4d9c-97ee-7dad59f6796b
import job ID: 4235cea0-e706-af4f-c296-0346c347741e
Created attachment 1190759 [details]
Created attachment 1190760 [details]
Created attachment 1190761 [details]
When restarting VDSM service during import process (copying disks phase), VM removed successfully.
ok, it is a negative corner case which can be solved simply by deleting the disks from webadmin - pushing to 4.2
I believe this one should be fixed. To me this is a Bug and not a feature.
This request has been proposed for two releases. This is invalid flag usage. The ovirt-future release flag has been cleared. If you wish to change the release flag, you must clear one release flag and then set the other release flag to ?.
This will not be addressed in a reasonable timeframe. Please re-open if it's still important.