Description of problem:
Unnecessary error window when registering and auto-attach in GUI on s390x
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL-7.3-server-s390x-Beta-1.0 (RHEL-7.3-20160811.0).
2. Open subscription-manager-gui, register and auto-attach:
An error window prompts, but the system is already registered and auto-attached. Please see attachments 'Unnecessary_error_window.png' and 'rhsm.log'
Created attachment 1191483 [details]
Created attachment 1191484 [details]
This bug also exists on RHEL-7.3-server-aarch64-Beta-1.1 (RHEL-7.3-20160817.1) against Satellite-6.2.0-RHEL-7-20160817.0
@CP_devs: Someone please reproduce this.
@qianzhan: Please attach the satellite logs (foreman-debug) from when this occurred.
I reproduced this bug on RHEL-7.3-server-aarch64-Beta-1.1 against satellite6.2, and then ran command 'foreman-debug' on satellite getting the 'foreman-debug-7ll2U.tar.xz' attachment. Hope this can help.
Created attachment 1192738 [details]
What I *think* is happening here (we'll need to confirm), is that:
when subscription-manager-gui sets the service level, this results in an update of the host facts, and since the host is set to auto-attach subscriptions in Satellite (katello), this triggers an auto-attach *from katello*.
I suppose we should confirm the following: is the host set to auto-attach in Satellite? (Or maybe org set to auto-attach)?
If my assumptions are correct, then the error message is accurate; what has happened is that katello and subscription-manager have (nearly) simultaneously performed an auto attach, and in this case subscription-manager's failed because it came afterwards. I am thinking that we should document that katello's auto-attach and subscription-manager(-gui)'s auto-attach features should not be used together. One or the other is sufficient.
Otherwise, I'm not sure what expected behavior is... in terms of katello and subscription-manager both doing an auto-attach.
I will try your assumptions after a RHEL-7.3-20160914.1-server-s390x is provisioned in beaker.
Bug still can be reproduced with RHEL-7.3-Snapshot-4.0-server-s390x and Satellite-6.2.0-RHEL-7-20160907.6.
The auto-attach option just can be operated when the system is registered to candlepin. That means:
1) auto-attach can be enabled from subscription-manager cli /gui when the system is registered.
2) auto-attach can be enabled from satellite web UI when the system is registered.
So, I tried: Register first, and then auto-attach in subscription-manager-gui, then the bug still can be reproduced, which means I can try assumptions in comment 8:
1. When the system is registered to satellite6.2, auto-attach is enabled both on satellite webUI and client.
2. Disable auto-attach on satellite webUI, and enable it on client: The bug was NOT reproduced.
3. Enable auto-attach on satellite webUI, and disable it on client: The bug was reproduced.
This bug still exists on RHEL-7.3-Server-PPC64-Snapshot-5.0 against Satellite-6.2.0-RHEL-7-20160907.6, but not on RHEL-7.3-Server-PPC64le-Snapshot-5.0
This bug still exists on RHEL-7.3-Server-s390x-RC-2.0 against Satellite-6.2.0-RHEL-7-20160907.6.
There is no straightforward solution for this until bug 1405480 is implemented.
*** Bug 1413829 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This bug can be reproduced on RHEL-6.9-20170215.0 against Satellite-6.2
This bug can be reproduced on RHEL-7.4-20170330.1 against Satellite-6.2.9, when auto-attach subscription 'CloudForms (10-pack)'(SKU:MCT2358, service-level: Premium).
Un-assigning for now.
1. Install RHEL-7.4-20170808.1-Server-x86_64, RHEL-7.4-20170808.1-Server-ppc64le, and RHEL-7.4-20170808.1-Server-s390x.
2. On the above systems, open subscription-manager-gui and register with auto-attach. There are no error windows prompting, and the auto-attachs are successful.
Moving to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.