Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 137001
streaming playback failure pops up two dialogs
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:52 EST
When you click on a stream that can't be connected to, you get two
1) "Could not open vfs file "http://184.108.40.206:8000/" for reading."
2) "Could not pause playback"
I certainly didn't try to pause playback, so I'm not quite sure what
the second dialog is talking about...
Still seeing this in FC4T2 (rhythmbox-0.8.8-2). It's actually worse now, since
GNOME 2.10 won't focus the popups when you switch to a another workspace, so a
double-enter-bang no longer gets rid of the popups.
There are also other usability issues with streaming playlists (let me know if I
should move these to a separate entry):
- The user interface will freeze while connecting to a stream (which can
sometimes take several seconds).
- New streams are not immediately saved to disk (seems they're only saved upon
exit). In the unfortunate event of a crash, new streams are lost.
- The currently playing file or stream will immediately stop when selecting a
new stream. Ideally, it should not stop until actually connected to the new
stream (and not stop at all should the connection fail).
There are definitively still issues with unreachable streams, but this
particular problem seems to be fixed in current FC6/FC7 versions of rhythmbox.