Created attachment 1194299 [details]
screenshot of text mode
Description of problem:
Clean install RHVH on HP_EFI machine successful, reboot and re_install RHVH on the same machine, but can not enter to GUI during re_installation, it reports "X startup failed, falling back to text mode".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. Tested 3 times on machine hp-bl460cg9-01, reproduced 3 times on RHVH-4.0-20160822.8.iso
2. Tested 10+ times on other machines(include dell/hp, iSCSI/FC/EFI), do not encounter this issue on RHVH-4.0-20160822.8.iso
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Clean install RHVH-4.0-20160822.8-RHVH-x86_64-dvd1.iso via virtual-CDROM on machine hp-bl460cg9-01 successful
2. Reboot and re_install RHVH-4.0-20160822.8-RHVH-x86_64-dvd1.iso via virtual-CDROM on machine hp-bl460cg9-01
3. During installation, focus on the screen
After step3, can not enter to GUI installation, it reports "X startup failed, falling back to text mode", and enter to text mode installation.
please refer to attachment for detailed info.
After step3, should can enter to GUI installation and install RHVH successful
Created attachment 1194301 [details]
Please check if this is also reproducible with RHEL
(In reply to Fabian Deutsch from comment #3)
> Please check if this is also reproducible with RHEL
Also encounter this issue with RHEL (RHEL-7.2-20151030.0-Server-x86_64-dvd1.iso)
I tested 2 scenarios with latest RHEL7.3 and RHVH4.0.6, both work well.
1. No such issue in RHEL-7.3(RHEL-7.3-20161019.0-Server-x86_64-dvd1.iso).
2. No such issue in RHVH4.0.6(el7.3) (RHVH-4.0-20161214.0-RHVH-x86_64-dvd1.iso).
So this bug has been fixed in the latest RHEL/RHVH build, I will close this bug.