Bug 1373454 - SSL certs are missing
Summary: SSL certs are missing
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: GlusterFS
Classification: Community
Component: project-infrastructure
Version: mainline
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: bugs@gluster.org
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2016-09-06 10:36 UTC by Atin Mukherjee
Modified: 2016-09-06 13:44 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2016-09-06 11:00:28 UTC
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Atin Mukherjee 2016-09-06 10:36:06 UTC
Description of problem:

SSL Certs are missing in slave28.cloud.gluster.org which leads to tests/bugs/cli/bug-1320388.t failing frequently.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:

Comment 1 Atin Mukherjee 2016-09-06 10:40:15 UTC
Refer to http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2016-September/001356.html for more details.

Comment 2 Nigel Babu 2016-09-06 11:00:28 UTC
This lead down a rabbit hole. Turns out we've been running this job against the same revision for ages.

There was a bug in the job configuration which meant we were continuously running this job against the same revision over and over again. Entirely my fault. It was a very subtle bug in Gerrit + JJB combo. I've fixed this now so it always runs from HEAD of origin/master.

Comment 3 Nigel Babu 2016-09-06 11:13:40 UTC
Thanks to Kaushal, we noticed that it was running an older commit from July. Here's what we had as the config:

    scm:
    - git:
        branches:
        - $GERRIT_BRANCH
        refspec: $GERRIT_REFSPEC
        url: git://review.gluster.org/glusterfs.git
        wipe-workspace: false

The problem part of this is `refspec`. I gave it an initial refspec (refs/heads/master) manually when I updated the job with JJB. My assumption was that it would just pull in the latest `refs/heads/master` each time the job ran. Turns out that's not how it works. I'm not sure if this is a Gerrit Trigger bug or a JJB bug, but I will investigate. I've changed the config to look like this now, which works:

    scm:
    - git:
        branches:
        - origin/master
        url: git://review.gluster.org/glusterfs.git
        wipe-workspace: false

This should clear up the problems and I'll be monitoring this job for the next few days to confirm everything works.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.