3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Our team would like to define resource constraints across groups of users either using OpenShift "organizations" or LDAP groups. Currently project based quotas do not meet our needs.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Project based quotas require administrators to dictate project creation to users, and have a higher maintenance requirement, whereas LDAP groups work with how our developer groups are currently structured in our company.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Setting resource quotas based on CPU or any other metric similar to how quotas are currently enforced at a project level, but instead to enforce at a group level.
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Setup an OpenShift cluster with metrics enabled, setup groups in LDAP for multiple users, then define a resource quota for this LDAP mapping.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
OpenShift 3.3 or 3.4 (or 4.0 if this will be the release following 3.3).
This should be satisfied in 3.3 with: https://trello.com/c/qJUVjQnj/713-13-multi-project-quota
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.