Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 137532
gaim 1.0.1 segfaults
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:04 EST
Description of problem:
At this moment my gaim that segfaults (a) after some time when I do
nothing *and* (b) as soon as I send a message to one of my ICQ or
Jabber buddies. This problem started today, I have used this version
a few days after upgrading to 1.0.1 without any problems. I did not
change anything to my configuration since yesterday, when it worked
fine (although the config files were changed by gaim itself).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1.0.1-1.RHEL3 (well, 1.0.1-1.RHEL3.XOS.1 as part of our X/OS Linux
rebuild, but I have not the idea that it is related to the rebuild).
Every time I send a message to someone, gaim crashes. The sent
message actually arrives, but does not appear in my own log anymore.
The problem was solved after rebooting the system! Log out/log in was
not enough. As everything else (incl. networking) on the system
worked fine, I still think it is a gaim bug.
It would have helped if you could have installed debuginfo and
supplied a backtrace with all threads, but since you did not, there is
no way we can diagnose this.