Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 137721
vte corruption in -7 or -8
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:53 EST
Description of problem:
- Add support for "scroll-up" and "scroll-down" control
sequences to make vte more xterm compatible (Patch
from Nalin, #128375)
- Commit patch from Owen to avoid scrolling invalid regions.
One of these two changes causes gnome-terminal to fail to render stuff
when doing various operations in bash. Various behaviors are readily
apparent, although not all occuring at the same time:
* All bash prompts scrolled up above the current prompt are replaced
by a black cursor-looking character.
* Seemingly random text that has scrolled past does not render.
* Sometimes the prompt or current line does not render.
Unable to take a screenshot of this since ALT-TAB or screenshot seems
to cause a redraw, fixing the current screen output. Further activity
however immediately causes more corruption.
I've pulled the patch out for now. I'll investigate it more later.