Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 138198
"path /media/cdrom does not..." after network install like a valid installation source
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:53 EST
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. do a fresh network installation of FC3-devel
2. remove all possible CD's from the drive
3. "Applications > System Settings > Add/Remove applications".
Actual Results: a dialog pops up:
"Installation Tree Not Found.
The path /media/cdrom does not look
like a valid installation source."
Pressing [OK] makes the whole app disappear.
* Perhaps asking user where he wants to look packages from (or to
insert a CD).
* Not to exit after pressing [OK]
Do you have the comps package installed?
"package comps is not installed"
I did "clean" installation from network and didn't modify any package
selections. I selected "Personal Workstation" package set.
Did you install from the devel tree (rawhide)? If so, then it
probably just had the comps package build break and then the comps
package just can't be installed
Yes, it was rawhide.
Unfortunately my laptop's HD just broken. Can't test if it works with
release version right now... =)
I'll close this now. Anyone feel free to reopen if needed...