Description of problem:
When editing Smart Class Parameters in YAML format, the use of a variable width font makes manipulation of that text difficult.
A fixed width font would clarify the alignment of space dependent values.
Please add the below to the CSS for Foreman Smart Class Parameter Text Boxes:
Can this be considered for Sat 6.3?
Connecting redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/20537 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/20537 has been resolved.
*** Bug 1529205 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 1475775 [details]
Verified - Monospace Font with Puppet Param Fullscreen
@ Satellite 6.4 snap 17
1. Have a puppet class in satellite.
2. Go to Puppet Class -> Puppet Class Parameter.
3. Override that parameter to update the value to YAML(or any) format in fullscreen.
4. Check font and usability.
1. The font used is 'font-family: monospace'. (check screenshot of verification)
2. Its easy to add and edit the YAML data in fullscreen now. (Check the same screenshot)
I also verified the matcher fullscreen textbox and it provides everything written in behavior ans as expected.
Any chance to backport to to Sat 6.3.z?
At this time, there are no plans to backport the change in to Sat 6.3.z. That said, it has been verified by the QE team for inclusion in Sat 6.4.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.