Bug 1384154 - Extract Running Processes no longer works.
Summary: Extract Running Processes no longer works.
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Providers
Version: 5.7.0
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
medium
medium
Target Milestone: GA
: 5.8.0
Assignee: Daniel Berger
QA Contact: Jeff Teehan
URL:
Whiteboard: windows
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2016-10-12 16:49 UTC by Jeff Teehan
Modified: 2017-05-31 14:22 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

Fixed In Version: 5.8.0.0
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2017-05-31 14:22:29 UTC
Category: ---
Cloudforms Team: CFME Core
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Product Errata RHSA-2017:1367 normal SHIPPED_LIVE Moderate: CFME 5.8.0 security, bug, and enhancement update 2017-05-31 18:16:03 UTC

Description Jeff Teehan 2016-10-12 16:49:35 UTC
Description of problem:
I setup everything just like usual, but it doesn't complete.  The logs indicate it starts okay but that's the last line item.

[----] I, [2016-10-12T12:33:02.828371 #38519:591154]  INFO -- : <AuditSuccess> MIQ(ProcessTasksMixin.task_audit_event) userid: [admin] - NoDriveLetter7: 'collect_running_processes' initiated


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
5.7.0.4-alpha1.20161005153002_cfc8a23

How reproducible:
All VMs

Steps to Reproduce:
1.  Configure Domain Creds, add hosts to /etc/hosts, config host access.
2.  Select a running Windows VM
3.  Select Extract Running processes

Actual results:
Seems to start okay.  UI tasks says it completes.  But I don't get any results.

Expected results:
Running Processes

Additional info:

Comment 2 Daniel Berger 2016-11-18 16:02:34 UTC
Jeff, can you please attach the full backtrace? I would expect to see some kind of backtrace generated by the ProcessTasksMixin if it failed.

Comment 3 Daniel Berger 2016-11-18 20:39:25 UTC
Disregard last, I think I see the problem. I tried this locally and hit:

    cannot load such file -- miq-wmi

I think we've got a require/load issue since we split that out into a separate gem. Looking into it.

Comment 4 Daniel Berger 2016-11-18 22:04:28 UTC
I think this fixes it. Please test.

https://github.com/ManageIQ/manageiq/pull/12756

Comment 7 Jeff Teehan 2016-12-05 15:54:05 UTC
It's working in 5.7.0.13.  Either the commit made it in or some other change fixed it.  I didn't see the Need Info still pending.  Sorry about that.

Comment 8 Jeff Teehan 2017-04-24 18:36:42 UTC
This was verified a while ago.  Seems to be starting correctly again with 5.8.0.10.  Moving to verified.

Comment 10 errata-xmlrpc 2017-05-31 14:22:29 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2017:1367


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.