Created attachment 1209986 [details]
Description of problem:
testing during the wayland fedora test day: http://testdays.fedorainfracloud.org/events/12
The activities screen looks sometimes incorrect.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
GNOME Shell 3.22.1
How reproducible: pretty much always but not 100% reliable
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot https://fedorapeople.org/groups/qa/test_days/Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-25-Wayland_Test_Day.iso in virt-manager
2. Close "Try/Install" dialog
2b. Optionally start some application
3. Press windows button or click in top left corner
4. quickly enter some text
Activity overview shows both applications and search result or both open windows and search result, which looks broken.
Attached some screenshots
Created attachment 1209987 [details]
Created attachment 1209988 [details]
Can you check if this also happens with X, or if it's Wayland-only? There are instructions for switching to X in the live image on the wiki page (I hope they work OK). If it's Wayland-only, can you set the bug to block 'WaylandRelated'? Thanks!
Not wayland related, also happens with X11. Here are clear steps to reproduce consistently:
1. Boot Live iso in vm
2. Click on activities in top left screen corner
3. Click on "show all applications" (9 dots)
4. Click again on "show all applications" (9 dots)
Expected: Applications are hidden
Actual: Applications are still visible
Only happens on live iso, installed system is fine.
This is something I already reported and it's a very old bug, although I reported this recently because I was unable to reproduce the bug until now, the bug report is 1381768.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1381768 ***