Description of problem:
In GNOME sessions with bn_IN and bn_BD gimlet isn't showing
a language string for some reason.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a GNOME session in bn_IN or bn_BD.
2. Start a gtk app.
Gimlet remains blank.
Gimlet should display Bn for Bengali.
Ok, changing Gimlet's lang data from "bn" to "bn_IN" helps for "bn_IN",
but not "bn_BD". (For a "bn_BD" session gimlet then shows "En".)
Jatin, can we change the Bengali LE in unitLE to have locale name bn
rather than bn_IN? (This is already done for some other langs.)
[Personally I would prefer all LEs just to use the two letters for their
language name when there is no ambiguity, but that will have to wait
Is the difference bn_IN and bn_BD just grammatical? (i.e. will current layouts
be suitable with bn_BD?)
Maybe changing gimlet affects less if the above question is a no.
Well gimlet's locale/language certainly needs to and is going to
improve, but if we fix it as bn_IN, then people using bn_BD won't
be able to see Bn in gimlet.
It should be equally trivial to change unitLE to say "bn" rather
than "bn_IN" though, and lots of other LEs already do that.
[In the long run LEs shouldn't be hardcoded in gimlet of course...]
Had a look with im-sdk-12.1-7. It seems that even when bn is added to
the GIMLET it cannot be selected. Hence, input is not possible in the
bn locale except via using the hotkey menu.
When gimlet and unitLE agree on the bn locale it works fine,
but when they don't Bengali can't be activated as you opserve.
This should be fixed in im-sdk-12.1-8.
Confirmed fixed in im-sdk-12.1-8. Bn (india) is now being displayed.