Created attachment 1212227 [details]
Output of the "tools/runtests.sh '.*neutron.*'" command.
Description of problem:
Tempest skips all neutron tests when the ironic_inspector tempest plugin is installed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Deploy OpenStack into the virtual environment, e.g. using OSPD-Customized-Deployment Jenkins script 
2. Log into the undercloud node.
3. Convince yourself whether openstack-tempest package is installed.
4. Convince yourself whether external public network is created in overcloud.
5. Convince yourself whether tempest-deployer-input.conf was created by OSP-d.
6. Create tempest directory and cd into the directory.
7. source ~/overcloudrc
8. Run: tools/config_tempest.py \
--deployer-input ~/tempest-deployer-input.conf \
--debug --create identity.uri $OS_AUTH_URL \
identity.admin_password $OS_PASSWORD \
9. Install all Tempest plugins
sudo yum install -y openstack-packstack-all
10. Convince yourself that neutron service is enabled in etc/tempest.conf
11. Run: tools/run-tests.sh '.*neutron.*'
The neutron tests are skipped with message
"SKIPPED: Neutron support is required"
(See attachment for output)
The neutron tests should be executed properly.
The file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ironic_inspector/test/inspector_tempest_plugin/plugin.py contains following lines
38. # FIXME(dtantsur): pretend like Neutron does not exist due to random
39. # failures, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1621791.
40. cfg.CONF.set_override('neutron', False, 'service_available')
It means that it this particular plugin overrides config file value for neutron to False for whole Tempest.
Upstream doesn't seems to see this failures, because they don't run this test with Ironic installed. We do because we have different setup's and one of them has both Ironic inspector and Neutron.
Please *do* assign this to ironic inspector. This has *nothing* to do with tempest core code.
Danial, it's not entirely correct, we are working around deficient SSH code in tempest.lib in this situation. However, I do realize that we have to unbreak people before we continue investigating the root cause.
(sorry for typo in your name)
Hey Dmitry, that makes sense to me and I'm more than willing to help on that if you need some extra manpower, my answer was meaning to move the bug to ironic-inspector for now at least. As RHOP doesn't use grenade the upstream bug shouldn't apply at all there, IMHO, so we could even remove those lines in the packaging if needed, wdyt?
Yeah, I agree that we should work around it for now, then try to fix for real. I hope that the attached patch will fix it for you without breaking us. Otherwise, we can always get back to patching the package.
Created attachment 1216408 [details]
Verification output of the "tools/runtests.sh '.*neutron.*'" command.
The issue not reproduced with openstack-ironic-inspector-4.2.0-2.el7ost.noarch.
Please refer attachment 1216408 [details] for details.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.