Description of problem:
When trying to run a remote command it throws the error:
Failed to initialize command: Dynflow::ExecutionPlan::Steps::Error - undefined method `ip' for nil:NilClass
Please backport the issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14008
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Satellite 6.2.2
Created article https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2726731
Upstream bug assigned to aruzicka
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14008 has been resolved.
Steps to reproduce:
1. in a host, create second interface, check 'Remote Execution' flag, leave ip address blank
2. run a job against the host
Expected result: the execution interface is not considered for computation of ip address, and other interfaces are use for reaching the host
Verified in Satellite 6.2.8 Snap 2.
1. Enable remote execution on a remote host.
2. Edit the host.
3. Uncheck remote execution from the primary interface.
4. Check remote execution for an alternate interface (see attached).
5. Run a job against the host.
The job completed successfully (see attached verification screenshot).
Created attachment 1250940 [details]
re interface change
Created attachment 1250941 [details]
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.