Description of problem:
Since RHEL-7.3, dovecot-2.2.10-7 changed default value first_valid_uid
from 500 to 1000, because of regular users on rhel-7 start at UID 1000.
See bug #1280433
We currently inform users about different ranges for system,reserved and reg.
users on rhel-7 according to ranges on rhel-6. However, this is another change
and as I remember, we don't move users to different UIDs - as this is
completely in hands of admins now.
So after upgrade to rhel-7, dovecot will not be usable for all users with lower UID then used first_valid_uid.
For bug #1280433 will be created known issue, which will include upgrades from rhel-6 too.
* in case the first_valid_uid is set, we don't have to do anything, but we could print log_info probably that the default value is changed - just for theirs info
* in case the first_valid_uid is not set:
- should print slight risk or info,
- exit status will be fixed or failed (it depends on another already created checks of the module, important part is, that exit will not be passed),
- the postupgrade script will set "first_valid_uid=500" inside
And of course, a info in solution text will be added.
For QA: Talk to jmazanek about exact details of the change.
Test passed with new build.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.