Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 138958
removing Firefox 1.0PR before installing 1.0 causes dependency problems
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:54 EST
Description of problem:
During install of the newer version, a fatal error regarding xpistub
library occurs. Re-installation of 1.0PR fixes the browser, but still
won't allow 1.0 to install.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Firefox 1.0PR and 1.0
Unverfied, but this was a new install of core3 that went flawless
until this (one of the first mods I made.)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install core3 with 'Workstation' packages.
2. Open Firefox and download the specified version
3. Close Firefox and remove it using the 'Applications >> System
Settings >> Add/Remove Applications' utility.
4. The system identifies three components that will be removed to
achieve the uninstall (I didn't pay attention to what they
5. Try to install the new version of Firefox 1.0 by browsing the
filesystem and clicking firefox-installer-bin.
After asking where to install and with which components, the error
Fatal Error [-618]: Couldn't open xpistub library
Installation as normal, or resolving of dependencies.
Upstream's firefox installer is not our responsibility. We highly
recommend using only Fedora Project built firefox RPMS. FC3 updates
currently has firefox-1.0-2.fc3. Red Hat is actively working further
development for the firefox package beyond the schedule of upstream