Version-Release number of selected component:
pkg_vendor: Fedora Project
runlevel: N 5
0: /usr/bin/Xwayland (OsLookupColor+0x139) [0x5906c9]
1: /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (__restore_rt+0x0) [0x7f1d8f5ab5bf]
2: /usr/bin/Xwayland (CloseInput+0x208) [0x4280e8]
3: /usr/bin/Xwayland (miPointerUpdateSprite+0x26b) [0x47431b]
4: /usr/bin/Xwayland (mieqProcessInputEvents+0x186) [0x470116]
5: /usr/bin/Xwayland (SendErrorToClient+0x126) [0x5563b6]
6: /usr/bin/Xwayland (InitFonts+0x428) [0x55a5d8]
7: /lib64/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xf1) [0x7f1d8f1f4401]
8: /usr/bin/Xwayland (_start+0x2a) [0x423d8a]
9: ? (?+0x2a) [0x2a]
Created attachment 1218770 [details]
Created attachment 1218771 [details]
Created attachment 1218772 [details]
Created attachment 1218773 [details]
Created attachment 1218774 [details]
$ addr2line -fe /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/Xwayland.debug 0x4280e8 0x47431b 0x470116 0x5563b6 0x55a5d8
xwl_seat_set_cursor() in /usr/src/debug/xorg-server-220.127.116.112/hw/xwayland/xwayland-cursor.c:46
miPointerUpdateSprite() in /usr/src/debug/xorg-server-18.104.22.1682/mi/mipointer.c:472
mieqProcessInputEvents() in /usr/src/debug/xorg-server-22.214.171.1242/mi/mieq.c:559
Dispatch() in /usr/src/debug/xorg-server-126.96.36.1992/dix/dispatch.c:317
dix_main() in /usr/src/debug/xorg-server-188.8.131.522/dix/main.c:314
There are a few other cases like this in our bugzilla, it appears that we're trying to update the cursor with one that has been been freed just before.
Unfortunately I have not yet been able to reproduce this issue, anything in particular you were doing at the time of the crash, what application where you running or started (if you remember)?
I didn't notice what happened, it looks like ABRT does not show a notification for this kind of thing (and it don't go to the 'retrace' thing as well).
And I can't reproduce it, too.
But I will keep an eye open. Thanks :)
Quick update, making progress on this issue, I start to have a pretty good understanding of what happens and now have some recipe to reproduce (but it's very random). I don't have a fix yet, though.
I have posted a patch upstream that should fix this issue:
And also prepared a test package for Fedora which includes this patch:
Could you try this build and see if that fixes the issue for you?
Note: these builds are scratch builds, they will automatically be deleted shortly.
I tried. Everything is fine.
As I can't reproduce, I also can't tell you if this specific bug is fixed :/
Thank you, Olivier :)
On further investigation and even more testing, I don't think the previous patch actually fixed the issue...
So new patch, new scratch build here:
Tried. Everything looks fine again.
xorg-x11-server-1.19.0-1.fc25 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 25. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-45775f3dcf
xorg-x11-server-1.19.0-1.fc25 has been pushed to the Fedora 25 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-45775f3dcf
xorg-x11-server-1.19.0-1.fc25 has been pushed to the Fedora 25 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.