1. Proposed title of this feature request
Create API to get auto-suggestion for IP address from Red Hat Satellite when using Internal DB as IPAM
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
For provisioning, customer would like to be able to query the suggested IP via the API.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Querying the suggested IP from the API will allow the customer to pass that value to other parts of their provisioning process
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
By adding an API call to return the suggested IP.
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
- Set IPAM as "Internal DB" for a Subnet
- Use newly created API call to get the IP suggestion, similar to what is returned via the WebUI when a subnet is selected for a host being provisioned.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
I do not believe so.
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Connecting redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9110 from this bug
Upstream bug component is API
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9110 has been resolved.
Created attachment 1308697 [details]
response output from sat6.3 beta VM
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.