Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 139470
[gimlet] segfaults and hangs in locale without LE
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:54 EST
Description of problem:
When gimlet is used in a locale with no LE defined
it segfaults as soon as an IIIM application is run.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
12.1-7 and earlier
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a GNOME session in some non-English European locale without
an LE defined (eg French, German, Italian, etc)
2. Note Gimlet already shows "En". Clicking on Gimlet gives
the usual empty menu.
3. Start an application that uses iiimf (eg gnome-terminal)
4. Click on Gimlet.
5. Exit GNOME.
4. Gimlet stops responding completely.
5. The applet process remains.
4. Gimlet's lang menu to appear normally.
5. Gimlet is exit normally.
This should be fixed in im-sdk-12.1-8.
[this fix has been checked into upstream trunk (r2055)]
I wanted to file a bug report on the same topic until I found that
some people already have done so. I confirm the bug, trying to switch
between im's with gimlet while using a non asian locale makes it hang
hard. I'm using fedora core 3, with fr_FR locale and trying to type
Confirmed fixed in 12.1-8. I can also reproduce the error in 12.1-7.
Actually, bug 137712 was experiencing the same hang problem when I
filed the bug. :)