Description of problem:
When using the Turkish locale, i.e. LANG=tr_TR.UTF-8, some of the configuration files for ssh have errors.
'Include' for example was not being recognised as 'include'.
I have tracked this down to the letter 'I' not being treated the same as 'i' when they should.
I've temporarily fixed my Fedora install by replacing 'I' with 'i' in the files:
In addition and I am fairly sure this is related - While I was fixing the files using vim, the '~' command which usally swaps the case of the character under the cursor if it can, did not work for 'I'.
My guess this is an issue with i and the Turkish dotless i.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Either set your desktop preferences to Turkish, or adjust the LANG variable
2. Try to ssh somewhere.
/etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 56: Bad configuration option: Include
/etc/ssh/ssh_config: terminating, 1 bad configuration options
shell prompt of remote host.
LANG=C ssh somehost
LANG=tr_TR.UTF-8 ssh somehost
Example of problem in vim:
write the alphabet on a line, then from the beginning of the line repetitively press '~' to swap the case of the character under the cursor. All will swap except 'i'.
Thank you for the report. This problem is already addressed in OpenSSH 7.4 (upstream bug ). I will update OpenSSH to this version soon.
openssh-7.4p1-1.fc25 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 25. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-4767e2991d
openssh-7.4p1-1.fc25 has been pushed to the Fedora 25 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-4767e2991d
I've tried the update in update-testing and it seems to work correctly. :)
Tested with LANG=en_NZ.UTF-8, LANG=C and LANG=tr_TR.UTF-8
openssh-7.4p1-1.fc25 has been pushed to the Fedora 25 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.