Description of problem:
When entering a new bug, Bugzilla shows a list of Possible Duplicates as I type the Summary. For each of the potential duplicates, there's an "Add Me to the CC List" link.
If I click that link, it loads the referenced bug in the current tab, in which I have unsaved changes (my partially complete bug report). It would be more user friendly to either open a new tab to add the CC or to just add the CC in the background.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.4 (current production) and 5.0.3. (beta.bugzilla.redhat.com)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to New->Community->Bugzilla.
2. In the Summary field enter "Bugzilla"
3. Click the "Add Me to CC List" link for the first possible duplicate.
The current tab reloads with the clicked URL.
- The clicked URL opens in a new tab, or
- The addition to CC list happens in the background, with some kind of user feedback when it completes (e.g. the link changes to "Remove Me from CC List").
FWIW left click opening a link is an evil I will never participate in. Left click means go to this URL, there are other buttons and ways of clicking that tell the browser to open the link in another tab.
Making it an Ajax call appears reasonable.
s/a link/a link in another tab/
In preparation for entering maintenance mode we are closing bugs that are unlikely to be scheduled in maintenance sprints.