Bug 1410008 - BZ1058510 - impossible to update BZ's component field [NEEDINFO]
Summary: BZ1058510 - impossible to update BZ's component field
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Bugzilla
Classification: Community
Component: Bugzilla General
Version: 4.4
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: 4.4
Assignee: PnT DevOps Devs
QA Contact: tools-bugs
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2017-01-04 07:50 UTC by Libor Miksik
Modified: 2018-12-09 06:29 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2017-02-16 06:03:59 UTC
pnemade: needinfo? (lmiksik)


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Libor Miksik 2017-01-04 07:50:58 UTC
Description of problem:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1058510

It is not possible to set any component for this BZ. In bug view there is the component field empty. However - if I do query over more BZs, where is this bz included 

Example : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=m17n-contrib&list_id=6906224&product=Red%20Hat%20Enterprise%20Linux%207

I can see there is some nonsense string listed in BZ's component - "m17n-contrib, Desktop Usability, Internationalization"

m17n-contrib - correct component
Desktop Usability, Internationalization - it should not be there.


please remove redundant information from component field in BZ 1058510


thanks!

Comment 2 Parag Nemade 2017-01-09 05:39:34 UTC
Right I have been seeing this bug since I started again looking into bug 1058510.
The component field I still see empty.

Please understand that the correct component for that bug is m17n-db and not m17n-contrib. Please I request that bug's component be changed to m17n-db.

Comment 3 Jeff Fearn 🐞 2017-02-16 06:03:59 UTC
(In reply to Parag Nemade from comment #2)
> Right I have been seeing this bug since I started again looking into bug
> 1058510.
> The component field I still see empty.
> 
> Please understand that the correct component for that bug is m17n-db and not
> m17n-contrib. Please I request that bug's component be changed to m17n-db.

As I said in #3 it had to be done manually, and really someone working on the bug should have done it, but since this has sat here for awhile I did it myself.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.