remote-viewer connected to VM with VGA driver unpredictable closes connection.
Guest is RHEL6.9
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a VM in RHV with VGA video adapter.
2. Connect to the VM with remote-viewer.
3. Change resolution to 1024x768: xrandr --output default --mode 1024x768
4. Desktop must fit to remote-viewer window.
5. Change resolution to 1280x768: xrandr --output default --mode 1280x768
6. Make sure that desktop doesn't fit into remote-viewer window. It is necessary to move mouse to the bottom/upper border to move desktop.
7. Close remote-viewer.
8. Open connection to the same VM.
9. Move mouse around guest desktop.
remote-viewer closes connection.
Created attachment 1238714 [details]
remote-viewer log with --gtk-vnc-debug
Please attach server logs
Created attachment 1238795 [details]
Log from /var/log/libvirt/qemu/6.9_32.log
To get VNC debug it is necessary to re-compile qemu:
vnc specific, reassigning
Are there any changes with rebased gtk-vnc ?
I'm not seeing anything bad from gtk-vnc logs - all messages show normal operation, until we get this:
(remote-viewer:27714): gtk-vnc-DEBUG: vncconnection.c Read error Error receiving data: Connection reset by peer
which shows the QEMU closed the VNC client connection.
This makes me suspect that QEMU is at fault. To diagnose this, I think you'll need to rebuild qemu with VNC debug turned on and capture a log it produces. It would also be interesting to see of the same behaviour is seen with qemu-kvm-rhev, as that's a newer version of QEMU. Given length of time since 1.5.3 QEMU, there's a fair chance of some VNC/display bug being fixed in QEMU since then.
Are you able to obtain the information requested from a debug build of QEMU. If not, there isn't really any way to take this bug forward to resolution.
Cannot reproduce with RHEL 7.4 client virt-viewer-5.0-7.el7.x86_64.