Description of problem: Add support/collectors to discover details of registered nodes like PCI devices, raid, memory etc and store those data in radosgw.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Hi! I'm updating the subject based on linked patches, as it's not clear what exactly should be introspected otherwise. Thanks!
The patches that merged are the specs. Shobha, if there's work upstream started, please add it here for tracking. Targeting Queens for now but can't estimate until the patches are started. Many thanks.
Merged back in Pike
Hi Shoba, please, once you test this, could you please post here the tests and the results?
RH OSP 12 RC contents are up on the RH OSP beta channel. This bug is marked as OtherQA. If you can take a look at the packages and content and test this bug to see if it is resolved. It would be much appreciated to get feedback on if this is verified or if there is an issue before we get to GA.
We did some internal testing and here are some steps used.
- Setup two servers to inspect a baremetal node.
- Installed the devstack environment with ironic and ironic-inspector.
- On the devstack server, cloned IPA code (with dmidecode patch). Built the deploy ramdisk and kernel images using TinyIPA. Used these images for inspection by copying them to the httpboot folder. Also, modified the ironic-inspector.ipxe to change the ipa-inspection-callback-url and added dmidecode to ipa-inspection-collectors.
- Enrolled the baremetal node using:
ironic node-create -n node-3 -d agent_ipmitool -i ipmi_address=<ipmi_addr> -i ipmi_username=<ipmi_username> -i ipmi_password=<ipmi_password>
- created a port of the <mac address> on server2 listening on dhcp:
ironic --ironic-api-version 1.22 port-create -n <node-3_uuid> -a <mac address>
- Brought the node to manageable state and inspected using:
ironic node-set-provision-state node-3 manage
ironic node-set-provision-state node-3 inspect
openstack baremetal node manage <NodeID>
openstack baremetal node inspect <NodeID>
- Checked the inspection data using:
openstack baremetal introspection data save <NodeID>
We cross compared some of the data and found it reporting data correctly.
Thanks for testing this, marking as VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.