The provider network cleaning automated feature is not working in Ocata and writing this bug to ensure it gets resolved. This works in newton.
The specific information for this feature is found in the following document.
This same procedure worked flawlessly in newton so it appears new issue for Ocata.
Steps to duplicate upstream
1) deployed undercloud using quickstart release master-tripleo-ci
2) deploy overcloud with ironic-config.yaml first without the ironic::conductor::cleaning_network_uuid in the ControllerExtraConfig parameter successfully
3) Get hieradata variable to the UUID of the provider network
openstack network show external -f value -c id
4) Add ControllerExtraConfig parameter (see below)
5) run deploy overcloudrc command outlined in Step#2
6) check [cleaning_network_uuid] variable in /etc/ironic/ironic.conf and this still commented out and openstack-ironic-conductor svc is running. no sign of restart
oc deploy command:
openstack overcloud deploy --templates -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/ironic.yaml -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/puppet-pacemaker.yaml -e ironic-config.yaml
openstack-ironic-conductor service is running
ironic::conductor::cleaning_network_uuid: <some uuid>
As described in the document for this feature it can be done manually.
Will look into it
The main fix is merged, the upstream doc change is pending.
This has been verified many times
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.