Created attachment 1242018 [details]
display name is <my display name>
Description of problem:
Create a project with display name in angle brackets like "<my display name>". Go to external page like https://xxx:8443/console/create?tab=fromCatalog&name=nodejs-ex&imageStream=nodejs&imageTag=4. Click drop down list and the project "<my display name>" is missing
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a project with: *name is "myproject", *Display Name is "<my display name>"
2. Go to external page to create app:
3. From "Choose Existing Project" drop down list, check the projects
4. Create another project with: *name is "myproject", *Display Name is "my <display name>"
5. Go to the external page by step2 and check the drop down list again
3. Content inside angle brackets is missing.
5. The "<display name>" is missing from the drop down list, only left "my", the new created project is actually exist.
Please see the screenshot.
3&5. Content inside angle brackets should be shown.
Created attachment 1242019 [details]
display name is "my <display name>"
This is an issue with ui-select (the Angular directive we're using to create the dropdown picker). See https://github.com/angular-ui/ui-select/issues/846. I'm trying to determine how to workaround.
PR to resolve: https://github.com/openshift/origin-web-console/pull/1135
New PR to resolve replacing the previous one: https://github.com/openshift/origin-web-console/pull/1145
This has been merged into ocp and is in OCP v220.127.116.11 or newer.
Checked on OCP v18.104.22.168, create projects with Display Name "<my display name>" and "my <display name>", when create app from external page, all project are list correctly in "Choose Existing Project" drop down list and can be chosen.
The bug has been fixed, so move it to Verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.