Description of problem:
Custom product subscription is not Active on attaching it to the Content Host and displayed as 'Subscription has not begun' in content host.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prerequisites- Subscribe Content Host to the Satellite using AK.
2. Create a custom product, repo and sync some contents to it.
3. Add custom product, Publish and promote in CV which is used for Content Host registration in AK.
4. Add this product subscription to the AK which is used for content host registration.
5. Attach this product subscription to content host from Satellite.
6. Refresh subscriptions on content host.
The custom product subscription is shown as 'Subscription has not begun' and Inactive also not listed under yum repolist.
The custom product subscription has to be Active on attach to content Host and should be listed under yum repolist.
This behavior is only seen in RHEL6 and not in RHEL7.
Can you please attach the /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log file from when you are trying to attach the custom product and are getting the 'Subscription has not begin' message. Having the detailed logging from subscription-manager will help to diagnose the issue. Also, please include the version of subscription-manager being used. Thanks
Created attachment 1242823 [details]
Capsule/Content-Host RHSM logs
Actually its Capsule where I am trying to attach the subscription from satellite.
I am attaching the rhsm logs from capsule.
Also the subscription-manager version is on capsule: 1.16.8-8.el6.x86_64
I sent you the Satellite and Capsule details through Email.
I see about 5 hours of clock skew between the satellite server and the capsule. If the times are synchronized are you still seeing the problem? Since the starting time of the product in the candlepin server is 5 hours ahead of the time on the capsule I could easily see that preventing the capsule from pulling the content.
This issue has been resolved after time is synced.
Closing this as not a bug.