Description of problem:
When defining hostgroup on one specific content host, we should be able to see the hostgroup and puppet environment defined *puppet environment via inherit*. Actually to manager content hosts and point to one specific host group, we need to do two steps, the first one is define the host group, the second one is define the puppet environment, imho if we define the puppet env on hostgroup, this should be inherit automatically.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Define the hostgroup with the puppet environment information.
2. Hosts - All hosts - Select the content host - Select Action - Change Group - Select the host group
The puppet environment is not defined, so the client will not be able yet to receive puppet modules
define puppet environment and everything work like a charm.
Adding the link to sample video.
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18478 has been resolved.
*** Bug 1421832 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
1) Added puppet environment "production" to hostgroup "rhel7grp"
2) Assign this hostgroup to host "rhel7host"
3) observe that the puppet environment is "production"
4) Now changed the puppet environment to "kbidarka" in the hostgroup
5) Edited host and clicked the inherit button next to puppet environment
6) submitted form
7) Now from the UI it shows the puppet environment as "kbidarka"
VERIFIED with Sat630-snap14.0
As mentioned above, behaviour of inheriting puppet env from hostgroup will be available in 6.3.
For sat 6.2, I think the only way is to explicitly update correct puppet env for host.
If it is not working as expected, please feel free to add your observations.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
> > For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
> > If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
> > https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2018:0336