1. Proposed title of this feature request
Capsule to Capsule sync
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: GLS Consultants (Account #633200 )
TAM customer: no
SRM customer: no
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Customer has 2 capsule in the same geographical location and would like a feature to sync a capsule server from existing nearby capsule.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer satellite server is Europe and a capsule server is in LATAM, currently he is setting up a new capsule environment in a different city in LATAM and hence is looking forward for a possibility to sync this capsule server from existing capsule server.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
By having a supported feature on satellite which may help him to sync the new capsule from the existing capsule server.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
By providing a capsul to capsule supported sync feature with proper documentation.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific time-line dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Thank you for your interest in Satellite 6. We have evaluated this request, and we do not expect this to be implemented in product in the forseeable future. We are therefore closing this out as WONTFIX. If you have any concerns about this, please feel free to contact Rich Jerrido or Bryan Kearney. Thank you.